Monday, July 27, 2009

The one after the last

It was already 28 years ago when I was born. Or was it that long time ago. Just twenty eight, or twenty eight the damn forever - when was that. This year I have had many days when time runs exactly at the right pace.. how I like. Yet not all the time. Last year time run too fast, I think. Some fast going years, some really slow going.. so how long ago it was.. my birth, I mean? 28 spins around the Sun. At this day it seems like forever, but it's clear that I haven't been forever. How should I know how much time I have been in this form. If twenty eight years would be so same amount for us, then I should also have some insight how much time it takes for me to get 56 years old. As much more as I already have lived. Same much more these short or long years, months and days, that all are composed of seconds.. and seconds you can easily count: one, two, three.. That is how easily we can feel the pace of time, but never understand or remember it. 28 years - I know that concept, yet even after living through that time I don't know exactly what it means.

***
It was the time of folksong festival in Estonia.. Sadly, I wasn't there (at Viljandi where it was held). In the beginning of weekend we went to Tallinn to play pool with friends.. just a good social time. Pool is simple enjoyment, friends are basically ordinary.. what I like most about these kinds of rides is that these almost all the time end at the night times. Well, I'm the night person. I like the night already because of the night sky, the feeling at night, and that peacefulness (not silence itself.. but night is when people normally don't work.. they unwind). I love the city at night, I'm fascinated to watch different people.. yet at night it feels even better. At nights people are more free, more social. We saw some pretty weird kinds.. few really talkative girls, some guys who liked to buy night snack in underwear, etc.
Yesterday, one of my earliest friends came back to home for a while after working in Norway. So I went to see him too. And today I read the blog of two guys who already have traveled to India by land, and once more to Iran.. and been to north-western Africa. When still in Europe (in these old soviet states Ukraine and Moldova) they already had so much trouble that they really scared the shit out of me about any official who can extort something from travelers so easily. Of course I haven't planned to go through these countries.. if I even can get so far as starting my voyage.
Huh.. I'm quite tired tonight.. so I think I go to sleep now. Peace and love!

No comments: