Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Face of Africa

Ok.. enough of silence. Many people waited a proper reports from Africa, but I got disturbed by some girl and because I was realy destroyed by sadness I just left everything. This doesn't mean that I didn't have good time in Kenya. Even more, I got such experiences and learned a lot. I will tell more over some time. Now it is simply that I don't plan writing things from my notebooks, but I will make some kind of overview and I even thought that I add some most interesting photos. But really only few. I have tens of thousands of photos and unlike you may think it is not always good to have so many. It makes choosing hard.
But today I wanted to write about quite an interesting find. I searched internet for African music as I have lost some I had in my computer before I went there. Actually I didn't know how special music I had. Most of the music I found in Kenya was so one sided, mostly Nigerian dance music. Well I also got some nice local music and some islamic music of what I'm already quite tired. And also today, most of the music I found was some traditional music. One CD was different though. Very different. It was called "Extreme music from Africa", but really, I couldn't expect something like this. Face of Africa I just saw, or actually listened, was very different from anything I could have believed even after visiting Africa myself, especially after seeing Africa myself. Before going to Kenya I thought that they have more various modern music. We were really lucky when we found a band that played jazz, soul and rock music there. Not to mention any electronic genres like d'n'b or something else along these lines. Anyway, "Extreme music from Africa" was full of electronic music and easiest listening was one track of dark electro-industrial. Other tracks were dark ambient or pure noise. Well, not really something that I like to listen, but interesting find anyway.


No comments: